The Exchange integration requires the address of your Exchange server, called Exchange Web Services (EWS) URL. This is usually auto-detected using your email address, but sometimes the auto-detection may fail. A common cause of failure is when the Exchange admin within your organization disabled auto-detection. In such cases, you will need to provide the EWS URL.
EWS URL has a special format: https://<mail-server>/ews/exchange.asmx where <mail-server> needs to be replaced with the address of your Exchange server. Once you obtain the server's address through one of the methods explained below, insert it into the format above, and enter into Reschedge, either in the Personal settings page (if using a personal connection), or in the Account settings page (if integrating to a dedicated mailbox).
On-premises Exchange – by an admin
Only users with access to PowerShell can obtain the EWS URL directly from the Exchange server. Open PowerShell on the Exchange server and type this command: Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory |Select name, *url* | fl
On-premises Exchange – by a non-admin user
You may be able to obtain the EWS URL in a couple of ways, depending on the Exchange configuration. Try each of the following methods in order. As soon as you get the Exchange server name, skip to the last step.
- Log into your mailbox via Outlook Web App (OWA, formerly Outlook Web Access) in your browser. Copy only the <mail-server> part from the browser’s URL https://<mail-server>/owa/ - it may be your server name.
- Logged into your OWA, go to: Options -> See All Options -> Account -> My Account and click “Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access…”. Find and copy the “server name”.
- Search for “mail server” in your company intranet, the internal knowledge base, or contact your IT support.
Last step: Insert the server name into the format https://<mail-server>/ews/exchange.asmx instead of the <mail-server>, and enter the result in Reschedge.
Office 365 or Exchange Online
Any user can obtain the EWS URL. Open your Office 365 or Outlook in your browser. See the screenshot below or follow these steps:
- Click settings icon in the top right corner.
- Click Mail
- Click Account
- Click POP and IMAP
- Copy the first Server name
Remember to insert the value you found into the format https://<mail-server>/ews/exchange.asmx replacing <mail-server>, and enter the whole result in Reschedge.